The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Thursday, September 18, 2014

My Magickal Train Ride this Week



Good Evening,

I just returned home from a lovely trip to upstate Vermont this week. I go up yearly to see family and it was a wonderful trip this year.  While on vacation we decided to take a train ride to the top of Mt. Washington in New Hampshire, a part of the White Mountains. 

While the day we went up the mountain proved to be overcast, foggy and rainy and we couldn't see the fabled hundreds of miles, we did have an interesting train ride up and back down the mountain.

I saw Balsam fir trees only  a foot or so high, but which were hundreds of years old. The elevation, the summit is 6,288 feet,  and conditions cause the trees and other plants to grow stunted.  I saw other plants, small sedums with vibrant tiny flowers, grasses, tiny white birch trees and boulders and stones heavily covered with lichen.

One of the best sights we saw was a brilliant red fox bounding in the grasses at the lower elevations and then he stopped and just looked at us as the train lumbered by going a respectable 6 miles per hour.  As we went up and then down (each trip was an hour in duration) I scanned the darkened woods looking for wild life. Except for the fox we didn't see any on this trip, but the witch in me could feel the eyes of many creatures as they watched us go by.

The weather was a quick dose of winter with the temperatures in the low 30's on top of the mountain and the wind speeds at 25 miles an hour. A chilly experience to be sure.

We were glad to come back down to lower elevations and higher temperatures after our afternoon excursion.

I enjoyed the day, the flora and fauna and the magickal feel that always overcomes me when I'm surrounded by nature.

I hope you are enjoying your fall. 








© 2010-2014 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited.

 If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.